What Happened This Week in History?
- January 29, 1820: The british king who lost the American colonies, King George III dies at the age of 82.
- January 30, 1649: King Charles I is beheaded for treason
- January 31, 1747: The first clinic specializing in the treatment of venereal diseases was opened at London Dock Hospital
- February 1, 1964: "Louie Louie" by the Kingsmen was declared as pornographic by the governor of Indiana
- February 2, 1887: The First Groundhog Day is celebrated at Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawny, Pennsylvania
- February 3, 188: Circus owner PT Barnum buys his world famous elephant Jumbo
- February 4, 1938: Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" is officially released