What Happened This Week in History?
- July 6, 1932- Postage rate for first class mail in the U.S. went up to 3-cents
- July 7, 2000- Amazon.com announced that almost 400,00 copies of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" were sold to make it the biggest selling book in e-tailing history
- July 8, 1985- "Playboy" and "Penthouse" magazines were sold with nude pictures of Madonna
- July 9, 1996- Prince released the album "Chaos and Disorder"
- July 10, 1910- Brookins became first to fly an airplane at an altitude of 1 mile
- July 11, 1914- Babe Ruth debuted with the Boston Red Sox
- July 12, 1543- England's King Henry VIII married his 6th and last wife Katherine Parr.