What Happened This Week in History?
- June 22, 1970- Voting age lowered to 18
- June 23, 1683- William Penn signs friendship treaty with Lenni Lenape indians in Pennsylvania, only treaty "not sworn to, nor broken"
- June 24, 1509- Henry VIII was crowned King of England
- June 26, 1870- the first section of the boardwalk in Atlantic City, NJ was opened to the public
- June 27, 1929- Scientists at Bell Laboratories in NY revealed a system for transmitting television pictures
- June 28, 1997- Mike Tyson was disqualified for biting Evander Holyfield's ear after 3 rounds of then WBA heavyweight title fight in Las Vegas, Nevada