This week I'm focusing on Shakespeare! I dare thee to use the words written below (which were also used in his works)... and realize how we still use them today.
- blabbing -- revealing secrets, tell-tale, indiscreet
- fast and loose -- not playing fairly (type of cheating game)
- hempen -- clothing made of hemp, rustically attired (found this particularly interesting since hemp is back "in")
- piece -- (among other definitions) piece of artillery, fire-arm.
- slack -- as in slack off, put off, neglect, postpone
*Definitions used from Shakespeare's Words: A glossary and language companion by David Crystal and Ben Crystal.